Saturday, February 27, 2010

Venetian Shutters - Update 3

I was tempted to start this painting over instead of finishing it...However, I decided to continue to work on it this afternoon. At least, I like the way the door turned out - for once, that was the image I had in my mind:-)

The painting is starting to look quite busy, but I am looking forward to painting the shadows....nice work for a Sunday afternoon, I hope.

The colors are somewhat off because I took the pictures inside with a flash.

Thank you for looking.

8 comments:

  1. Why would you want to start over? It is looking very nice I love the pouring of the vibrant colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Krista. You are always so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christiane, this is looking very good. Just keep on painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing those shadows - and I like the door, too. It's always a good feeling when what you see inside your head comes out onto the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, it was in fact quite a surprise to see that the door was exactly how I had imagined it:-)The cast shadows will either make or break this painting since I want them to be very colorful to convey the impression of an intense sunshine on the entire scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the darks - they will certainly make a massive contribution to the work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Joan, for stopping by. I am finding this painting quite challenging...in part because these days I can work on it only for a short time every weekend.

    ReplyDelete