Monday, August 11, 2014

Forest Light: Another Negative Technique Painting

"Forest Light": Another Negative Technique Painting

Forest Light
Note: on my monitor, the painting is much brighter than in real life on this site, while it uploads closer to the real values on Facebook. Strange!

I have just finished another acrylic painting of leaves in negative painting technique. I think this will be enough leaves for a while at least:-)

The painting is 16" x 20" and I have painted the sides blue. I am not sure yet if I will leave it as is or get it framed since it is not on a gallery wrapped canvas.

Now, I will go and work on a watercolor commission and think about what I will paint next.

I wish you a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not on Facebook but even so the colours are beautifully intense..in real life this must be even mote vibrant. What a great technique.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The negative painting technique is really addictive! I am pleased that you like the colors!
      I am very impressed by your creativity and look forward to seeing the finished "The Eagle Has Landed".

      Delete
  2. You are really good at negative painting. I love these forest pieces. Colorful and full of motion. Also, great job on your first portrait. Workshops are a great way to develop and broaden your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary, for the encouragement! Being mostly self-taught, I have been hesitant about taking workshops...until now. I can't wait to sign up for more:-) Meanwhile, I am drawing at least one face a week before I tackle my next painted portrait.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, this is so gorgeous! I wish there were more adjectives to use... because the usual ones just don't go far enough in saying how special this painting is! Something about the composition, light, and colors, just works perfectly, to create a rare magic! Well done! I guess those are the right words! (I know what you mean about the colors showing up differently on different websites... very frustrating)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, your kind comments are leaving me speechless. Thank you so much for your support!

      Delete