Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New show and new gallery representation

I will have three pieces in the group show ACTION at the Foyer Gallery  from Oct. 24 to Nov. 11: a watercolor painting, a mixed media painting and a photographic work.

The first is my latest watercolor in the Canadian Parliament Building carvings series: " Ethelbert Keeping an Eye on the Politicians". Some people say that if Ethelbert looks depressed it's because of the tough job he has:-)

My second piece in this Foyer Gallery Show is the mixed media "The Happy Dance of the Weeping Tree":
And finally, my third piece in the show will be a photograph I took at the Brooklyn zoo last year: "Koi Joy" and framed to 16" x 20" - I thought it went so well with the theme of the show. I may also paint from this reference one day.
I am also thrilled to announce that I will be showing at another gallery starting in November: the Rothwell Gallery, an Ottawa gallery that has been established for over 30 years! I will provide more info and pictures in the weeks to come.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Those are all amazing pieces! And all very different from each other! Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Congrats Christiane Wish I could see it in real life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats - looks like you are really developing your art career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love your weeping tree painting! So exciting that you are in a new gallery, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa! I am very excited about it. Now, I don't need any more new venues: I have to get down to work and produce:-)

      Delete
  5. Hi! Congratulations! No one beats that. Pure art and 100% perfect! You did well there.

    australian horse racing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your current show and your new gallery representation! I love all your work and am so impressed with your mixed media pieces. Wow -- photography, too?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,thank you as always for your support. I really love working on the mixed media, As for the photography, I have been taking so many photos for my painting references these last few years that it is a shame not to show some of them:-)
      Take care.

      Delete
  7. Christiane - your career is absolutely taking off - your work is growing and progressing so beautifully. I love Ethelburt.(sp?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support and kind words, Barb!. I was pleased with Ethelbert - he is not going to have great commercial appeal, I think, but he will be for someone who is looking for something quite different. I enjoyed painting him.
      I will visit your blog soon again - I am currently in Italy taking millions of photographs as future painting reference.
      Take good care of yourself, Barb.

      Delete