Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time off and update

I am finally getting some belated "summer vacation":-) I will be away from work until next Tuesday. I thought that I would be doing a lot of painting, but so far, have only played a bit with paint. Last night, I tried Yupo for the first time...the results looked like a kindergarden finger painting:-) but it was fun. I will certainly go back to it. I did nost post it:-)

I was pleased to see that my Laundry Day in Venice was featured on the Red Bubble 
site.


I have recently joined the Ottawa Art Association ...a nice step forward for me in acknowledgeing the importance of my art in my life. I intend to be a very active member. I entered my watercolor painting (see above), Serenity,  in their current show in a great venue, the Ottawa Little Theatre.  The quality of  the work by many of the members is simply extraordinary. Next month, the OAA has a Members' Awards Show and , just for the fun of it, I would like to enter one of my Venice paintings. I am hesitating between my Blue Venetian Door Only in Venice and my latest Laundry Day in Venice...any suggestions?

11 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you are taking positive steps forward. Enjoy you vacation. Either one of thoses paintings would be a great entry piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vicki. I am enjoying my vacation - for the past few days, I have taking long walks on the beach in Maine - the sound of the ocean is great for the soul and the best thing to make me forget about work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you to be moving forward with your art - getting together with a good group of artists can open new doors all the time!
    Hmmm...I really like the Venetian Laundry painting so I'd choose that one...but can't recall the Blue Door and will have to look at that one again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this a lily pad?? i thought for a minute ihad the wrong blog...lol love the colors on this one!!! and good for you stepping into the art world and surrounding yourself with artists!!
    i like them both but i think the laundry one is the one id choose.. love the shadows and all the time you took with that one!!!

    enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on the yupo.
    Laundry in Venice is my favorite if I had to choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! Laundry in Venice it shall be then for my entry!

    Cindi,,,yes, it is a waterlily,,,but don't you think it looks a bit like a pear or even a door:-) lol

    I am convinced that becoming an active member of a group such as the OAA will be most inspiring.I am very excited about it.

    However, I get daily inspiration, encouragement from all of you, your great blogs and your generous sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christiane...my favorite is the laundry in Venice - I like both, but this one is very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine this water lily is very pretty. I believe I like your Laundry in Venice the best. Beautiful colors working together very well.
    Congrats on joining and entering. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara and Nora, I will follow the good advice here and enter the Laundry Day in Venice. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful colours, the shadows in the laundry day in venice great,I agree with the above!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I am glad that you like the colors and shadows in "Laundry Day in Venice".
    I visited your blog and fell in love with your Elephant painting. I will visit regularly.
    Christiane

    ReplyDelete