Saturday, October 17, 2009

Unexpected Award. Thank you!


Cindi of One Part Water, Three Parts Color
 surprised me this week with a Kreativ Blogger award. What a thrill and a honor! I first met Cindi through Painting Friends and was amazed and completely charmed by her warmth, super sense of humor, the versatility of her talent and her endless energy. That she chose me as one of the Kreative Blogger award recipients means a lot to me.

As per this award tradition, I mus now tell the world 7 things that you may not know about me. Here goes:

1. I used to be a ( part-time) professional handweaver and regularly painted  hundreds, thousands of silk threads before putting them on the floor loom. This makes me either very patient or rather insane:-)
2. I am married and have a grown-up daughter and a son at University.
3. I worked as a high school teacher for many, many, many years.
4. I currently have a full-time government job, but try to paint or do something related to painting every day.
5. I have just recently discovered blogging and love it!
6. My favorite color is purple.
7. I love animals, but have never tried to paint them.

Thanks again Cindi!

I have now passed this award to seven artists I admire. There are so many, that this will be tough...I also don't want to repeat the names chosen by Cindi:-)I understand that some of the seven may not be able to accept this award: space on their blog, time constraints and so on. This is quite ok. Just know that I admire your work.

I would love to be able to give 7 more! There are so many of you out there who encourage me and inspire me every day!
Christiane

5 comments:

  1. congrats again kiddo!!
    so glad you honored kathy. i tryed to find her to give her one and i couldnt.. i kept getting to her profile page and couldnt go any farther..?? im rather computer klutzy!! kathy please join me as a follower, so i can find you!!

    again congrats christiane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindi for the honor. You are so sweet! If you click on Watercolorings in my Blog List, this should take you to Kathy's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Christiane for this honor. I did receive one last month which i have been slow at passing on! So i did that today. And i am so grateful to be acknowledged here yet again. God bless, always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Christiane for the award. I really appreciate you giving it to me. I will get busy and try to think of 7 things, oh my.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the award I am including it on my blog along with the one from Saundra Galloway. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete