The following sketch represents a lot of "first time" for me:
- for the first time, I used a ink sketch as starting point (micron pen)
- for the first time, I used Inktense pencils ...well, just one, for the door
- for the first time, I used metallic acrylic : Golden fluid, fine gold and fine copper
- for the first time, I used white acrylic for a lot of my whites.
- for the first time...but this was by mistake...I used iridescent acrylic in the spatter: I grabbed the wrong container and in the evening light, did not notice immediately that I was not spattering white acrylic:-(
- for the first time, I used neutral tint to darken a color: I used it to darken the ultramarine blue used behind the metallic grid over the door.
Don't hesitate to say that this is my ugliest painting...it's probably true. Anyway, I had a lot of fun painting this today and with one more birthday behind me, I should now be mature enough to take it :-)
Take care and have a nice weekend.