Monday, February 29, 2016

Catching the Abstract Fever

Lately, I have felt like painting abstracts, I keep looking for abstract paintings to admire....I painted one last week and I feel like painting another one right away! This is unusual for me...but I will go with the flow:-)
Here is the one I have just varnished...This is a photo taken with a flash last night, but you get the idea. The close-up shows some of the type of textures I created. The painting will be called "Urban Spirit" unless I can find something more inspiring. Any suggestions?
The painting is 20" x 20" on a deep gallery wrapped canvas. I have painted the sides white.
Let me know what you think...
Urban Spirit

Close-up, "Urban Spirit"


4 comments:

  1. I love it! Great color and the textures are a delight! I, too, have been toying with the idea of trying an abstract - not easy! Yours is spot on!! Title is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that you like it, Rosemary! Yes, abstract is hard: it is hard to get one started and it is even harder to know when to stop. I am starting another abstract painting today...not sure what it will be like at all:-) I hope you will try abstracts also!

      Delete
  2. Great colors and energy,love the title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Celia. I am glad that you like this painting. I am working on another abstract...not sure if I like it...but I have ideas for more. I think I have indeed caught the abstract fever although I am not sure how long it will last:-)

      Delete