Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Golden Nest

The Golden Nest 
SOLD


This original painting is part of my nest series, but this time, with a twist: gold leaf is applied on some of the twigs of the nest and on some branches...thus, the title "Golden Nest".



I love all the symbolism of the nest: family, home,safety, promises, future, hope, anticipation etc....
I consider this painting almost a semi-abstract. It is full of movement!
I used one of my favorite surfaces, an 9" x 12" x 1/8" Ampersand Claybord panel that is ready to be inserted into a standard frame.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the painting is rich and full with symbolism, so very powerful. The nest/hole in the middle of the canvas let you whirl and move into deep inside. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Irina. I am very pleased that you like this painting. I have become almost obsessed with painting nests...weird:-)

      Delete
  2. I share your love of bird nests and get so much pleasure out of seeing other artist paint them. This is a real beauty. It is almost magical the way you handles the colors and flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie, for your kind comment. Bird nests are indeed so special.

      Delete