I have started a new watercolor floral: a clematis. My reference photo is from WetCanvas, but I have cropped it and intend to modify the colors significantly. It will be fairly small, 11" X 14" on Arches 140 lb CP paper.
I have started with the heart of the flower and not the background as I usually do: I was really scared of those filaments criss-crossing and did not want to waste my time painting the entire painting first to find out that the center was a failure. At this point, the heart of the flower is almost done - will come back later to fine tune everything - I think that it is ok enough for me to continue with the painting. I hope that you agree.
The darks spots that you see are areas masked to preserve some highlights.
Have a great week-end. We are having our first real snow storm of the year - it is very pretty, but the roads look very slippery.