Saturday, December 19, 2009

Throwing paint around for the first time in a month

I had not painted in over a month, but today I decided to finally get back to my art and throw some paint around. My, it felt so good even though I felt I had forgotten everything I knew about watercolor.
I want to thank all of you, my dear blogging friends,  who sent me such nice messages these last few weeks as I mended my shoulder, cured my cold and tried to repair my computer.
The following, inspired by the Venice picture in the previous post, is a quick painting on a half sheet of Arches 140 lb. cold pressed. "Spring is here!"

10 comments:

  1. What a delicious painting for a cold, wet, dreary and snowy day! So glad you came back with a bang :) Hope all is well and we see many more paintings from you to finish out our year (like an extra Christmas present) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the warm "welcome back", Rhonda. Now, how many days are left before Xmas:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you painting again Christiane. And I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Nora.
    I am feeling completely better...my two computers, though, are on their last legs...I just hope I can salvage as many files as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So vibrant and cheerful! Glad you're doing better--I've been wondering about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Susan.
    TWhat great friends you all are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christiane, such a spontaneous riot of colour - beautiful! I was sorry to hear about all of your recent challenges, please take care of yourself and i would like to thank you for all of your wonderful support on the blog and on RB.
    Best wishes.
    See you in the new year.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice to hear from you,Perugina. All my best to you for the Holidays and the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your choice of colors in this are perfect. They sparkle Christiane.
    Oh, and the tree painting i did is on a full sheet 22 X 30.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
    Blessings,

    ross

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Ross, for your very nice comment.

    It is always a pleasure to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete