Monday, March 23, 2015

News

What happened to my great January resolution to post regularly on this blog??? Well, I will try to redeem myself over the next few months:-) Maybe it has been just to cold here in Ottawa to think about blogging:-)

For the past week, I have been the featured artist at the Kevin Dodds Gallery  in Ottawa, Ontario. I am a permanent member in this great gallery representing local artists and the front window exposure has brought me several nice sales!
 
I have several shows coming up and two that will take place at the same time in the last part of April! Yikes! It means I will need enough paintings to cover my two regular galleries ( the one above where I always have over a dozen paintings and another where I only have 3) and two shows. Consequently, I am feverishly working to produce new artwork! The first show will be at the Foyer Gallery where I will be returning after a one-year leave of absence. It  will be a 4-artist show from April 21 to May 10th.  The next show will be a great weekend show organized by the Nepean Fine Arts League on Aprils 24th to 26th.

I was thrilled to be selected as one of the two new artists to participate in September in the Glebe Annual Fine Arts Show, one of the best shows in Ottawa. Once an artist has been juried in, she has right of return; new artists are juried in only when one of the 30 decides to leave. The quality of the work in this show is very high and the venue is beautiful. I am really looking forward to it although it will be only a few days after my daughter's wedding...another busy time coming up:-)

I will be back next week with another post...Take care.

6 comments:

  1. I can see that you are very busy. I hope that all your shows will be successful and will bring more sales. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping in, Cora. I think artists like being busy, don't you think and of course, we love sales:-)
      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Hi Christiane, so many wonderful things happening in your art career! All those sales......bravo! Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura. Happy Easter to you also,
      The sales have indeed been good lately...I hope this will continue. I am happy to sell, but sad to see some paintings go..especially when I was counting on them to fill my booth at upcoming shows:-) I suppose it means I have to work hard for the next little while.
      Take care and thank you for your support.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations for being the featured artist! Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen. This is a beautiful gallery and I always have a dozen paintings there.
      I hope you had a nice long weekend.

      Delete