Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Yet Another Painting of Leaves....and My First Dog Portrait

I thought my obsession with leaves and negative painting was over, but it seems I was wrong. Hopefully, you are not too tired of these... This painting is a small 8" x 10" acrylic on Ampersand panel. I love the textures that can be achieved on this surface.
Autumn Leaves- 10" x 8" - Acrylic on Ampersand panel
I am finishing a large watercolor commission that I have had for months. To relax in between watercolor painting sessions, I have been playing. Last week, I painted my first dog portrait and had fun making it very colorful:-)
Chleo, the Bassett Hound - 10" x 10" acrylic
I am pleased that I have managed to post more regularly lately.
Wishing you a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this dog. Its face. And eyes, oh, eyes. Philosopher?
    So very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irina, it is so nice to hear from you! I am very pleased that you like my Bassett Hound...yes, those Bassetts have incredible wisdom sometimes in their eyes:-)
      Take care.

      Delete