Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update: What I am up to this week.

My last post was exactly a week ago.Time goes by soooooo quickly!  What have I been up to?

  • I am working on a new experiment concerning varnished watercolor. This time, I've attached the paper to the wood panel before painting. So far, so good....This painting is on a 16" X 16" panel, 1" thick; I've painted the sides black. I still don't have enough painted to post a picture:-(
  • I am preparing for a show on August 20th at the Ottawa Experimental Farm where I regularly go to photograph flowers. This annual one-day show is an outdoor show that is usually well-attended. I still have to purchase my canopy tent for the event.
  • I want to paint several small  "strawberry" paintings for this show.I have taken the photos -all I now have to do is get down to sketching and painting:-)
  • Red Bubble continues to be kind to me -two of my recent paintings were featured this week:
    • My cherries and lace painting  " The Independent Trio" ( see previous post) was featured today  in  the "Just Watercolours" Group.
    • My "Silent Venetian" was featured yesterday in the Time Gates Group.


t is still hot here in Ottawa, but less than the last few weeks. I am trying to get most of my art work done in the morning  when it is still relatively cool. We have central AC, but I don't like using it all the time...I hope that the heat is not making you feel lazy like it does to me:-)

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the painting - and good luck in the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pat. I have another show that I will post about soon. The painting is coming along very slowly,,,I can't wet the paper too much since I don't want it to lift from the panel:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great idea with the strawberry paintings! Let us know how the varnish thing comes out, I'm curious to know about that. Congrats on the redbubble features! Your work deserves that recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine, I feel that one has to offer some more affordable art work at a show - especially in the current economic context.
    I always get excited when I have a Red Bubble feature even though it does not really mean that much:-)

    I am still painting on the panel - will probably post progress pictures on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete