Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Activity at the Foyer Gallery

I was thrilled to find out that one of my paintings, Waterlily, won the Viewers' Choice Awards at the Foyer Gallery during the show "Configurations" that ended on May 10th.

This painting is a 18" x 24" varnished watercolor mounted on a cradled board.

Foyer Gallery visitors have the opportunity to vote for their favorite artwork by filling out a voting ballot. The winning artwork of this Viewers' Choice Award gets to be displayed for an additional amount of time in the gallery and on the gallery website.

The new show at the Foyer Gallery is called "Textures of Life" and I have three highly textured paintings in this show. Two are shown on the poster below.
Here are my entries:
Blowing in the Wind - 16" x 16" acrylic

Our Trail - 20"x 30 acrylic -palette knife

Dreamscape  - 16" x 16" - Acrylic and copper
I am also working on three commissioned pieces in hand embossed pewter, copper and gold leaf. I am hoping to get these finished by the end of the week and will then post some photos.

What are you working on? Do you work better during the winter or when the nice, warmer weather finally comes?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! You are moving forward in your career, using such interesting materials. Here's to continued success and awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Deb, for your continued support. I am not sure where my art career is going, but I am having a lot of fun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award Christiane. Well deserved! Your adventures with new materials and genres is exciting! Such fun! I'm working on a website just now after realizing the blog is not enough. Also trying to find new venues for my art. The gallery i'm in is not attracting new clients. It is a never ending adventure between painting and marketing isn't it? Never a dull moment that's for sure. Happy painting Christiane. Thanks for the comment you left on my blog the other day. I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the blog is no longer enough. I find myself spending a lot of time on Facebook these days...most of that time I should probably be spending painting;-(. I also agree that marketing is a big part of our work as artists if we don't want to keep all those paintings in our own home:-)
      I saw you puzzle in Ottawa recently. Congrats...that is fantastic.
      Take care and have a great summer.

      Delete
  4. Your waterlily is very beautiful, so it deserves to get an award. Congratulations.
    I wish you more success with your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cora, for the kind words and for taking the time to visit my blog.

      Delete
  5. A huge congratulations Christiane! I love the brilliant, clear colours in this painting. I'm not surprised that you have 3 pewter commissions, they are such unique works of art. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly appreciate your support, Laura. Happy painting to you also: you are even busier than I am! Lots of success with all your upcoming shows.

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy to have found your blog, Christiane! Congratulations on the well deserved award for your water lily painting! Love the textured works and look forward to seeing the pewter paintings!
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, likewise, I am very happy that I have found your blog. Your daily sketching is quite inspiring! I have been working a lot on my metal pieces, but now have to get back to my watercolor, my first love:-)
      Thank you so much for stopping by, Celia.

      Delete