Sunday, July 29, 2012

New WIP - Small Parliament Hill Carving

I have started over the small painting of the Parliament Building carving. It's only 8"x8" and the face is probably smaller than 4" high. I am using Fabriano 140 lb SP  - not stretched, not adhered to canvas or wood panel - just plain approach this time:-)

So far, I like it better than my previous effort. I still have to remove some masking and paint around the nose before I start the more colorful background. The face will remain mostly unpainted as it is now with just the deep shadows.

I hope that you like this start.
Happy Sunday and a great week to all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Christiane, this is looking marvelous. I love the look of your shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I am so pleased that you like it...I was not happy with my previous attempt, so I hope this one will turn out the way I want it to.
      I hope that you are having a good summer.

      Delete