Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Silent Venetian - A Mascarone

I have had the pleasure of a  visit by my son for the past 10 days and during this time had very little time for painting.  Now, it's back to work!
I consider my latest mascarone painting finished, at least for the time being. I really enjoyed working on it, but I feel the need to move on:-)

I have already cropped the picture a bit at the top. In matting and framing (20" X 24" frame, matted to 14" X 18", I may crop a bit more. The colors are not quite right on my monitor...there is more golden sand color in the face, I would say.

This should make a great companion piece to my "Gate Keeper", another mascarone. The title " The Silent Venetian" is still only tentative - it does not quite convey the nobility of this face.

What do you think?

Red Bubble has just featured this painting ( Satruday, 23 July). Thank you, Red Bubble!

8 comments:

  1. He looks great - and I like the name :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pat! I am glad that you like the name...I may keep it then:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super finish christiane . i liked the original format ... glad your show was a success .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you like it, Jane. I may try to show a bit more of the painting when I mat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. You are so good at watercolor! I love the touches of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet, Theresa! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work.
    It has been delightful
    to visit your gallery.
    Good Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. BrandNewStudio, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I hope that you will drop in again.

    ReplyDelete