Friday, May 6, 2011

Fun Strawberries

I am a member of a wonderful online group called Painting Friends. Although I don't contribute very often to it, I check out its forum regularly. This week, I could not resist trying  out a painting demo by the wonderful artist and blogging friend, Mollie Jones.

Her demo was for loosely painted fruit and plate...but, after painting the plate as loosely as I could, I automatically returned to my tight, detailed style for the berries ( individual seeds painted with their own individual shadows) :-(

Nevertheless, this was such a fun painting to paint. And the fun is not over since I intend to mount it to cradled board and then varnish it. Stay tuned to see the results of my experiment.


8" X 10" on Arches 140 lb CP
NFS

9 comments:

  1. It looks great, Christiane - very you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christiane! Your strawberries are looking fresh and yummy. Looks ready to eat :D Looking forward to see how the mounting and varnishing goes. Keep the beautiful paintings coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christiane, thanks for stopping by my blog today! I like your strawberries, and am very interested is seeing how the finished process goes mounting to the cradled board. I hope you will give us some insight on how that process goes and how you like the finished project;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, thank you:-)

    Karen and Jeanne: thank you for taking the time to stop by and to show interest in the mounting and varnishing process. The mounting is now completed and I really like it. On the first coat of the varnish, I managed to leave a big glob of varnish:-( Hopefully, this will disappear with future coats. This is my second time varnishing, and had no trouble the first time. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your reds in here Christiane. Can't wait to see results of varnishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christiane...you know I love your berries...red is so yummy and your seeds are amazing. Might know you'd do all that detail. And, just to let you know...the setup berries were just as delicious as yours look. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nora, the painting is now varnished and I like the results. I will post it tomorrow if I can. I have hurt my shoulder and any typing really hurts.

    Mollie,thank you again for doing this demo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that you're injured, Christiane...take it easy if you can so you'll heal faster. We can't have you not painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Mollie, for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I am seeing my doctor today and I hope she will have a quick solution to my problem. I had something similar about 1.5 yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete