Thursday, July 1, 2010

Magnolia II for Canada Day

 I have a four-day weekend because of Canada Day. It was so enjoyable to spend the day painting. After the small details of the strawberry and the maze of the peony petals, I wanted something easy and relaxing. I painted a variation of my "Southern Belle" magnolia painting ( see earlier post below). This is a smaller size than my initial version and is less dramatic...but I think that in general it is better painted. Or at least should be once I have smoothed some areas and some edges.

Arches 140 CP watercolor paper with W&N paints.
7.5" X 9.5"
The background is almost black with plum highlights.

4 comments:

  1. I'm running out of superlatives!
    Stunning painting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I really like the veining on that front petal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love it that you have made it delicate with details in the right spots but have not overdone the detail. It is beautifully "watercolorly!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, Vicki and Barb: You are too kind but your continued support is so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete